Thursday, May 12, 2011

132/365 - High Heel Dash

Jasper met me downtown after work tonight to watch the High Heel Dash.

Time: 5:30pm
Place: Downtown
Unfortunately, it was a drizzly evening, and there weren't very many runners.
Kind of a bummer.
It was still very fun to watch, and I totally wanna run this next year!

Here were the rules for the race:
Must be 18 + 
Heels must be 3" or higher (no wedges).
No adhesives may be used to secure shoes to feet.
Knee pads, helmets & wrist guards are encouraged.

3 comments:

  1. How far is the dash and how fast do these women run? I'd like to see you try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can train on the trail from a few days ago ;-).

    in Amsterdam there's always a few dragqueens participating as well, but they never win...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubman, It was only a 50 yard dash. I'm not sure how fast the women ran; it was pretty unofficial timing-wise.

    Japie, Yes, I could, but I fear I'd really break something on that trail. I'll have to train on pavement. I was surprised (and disappointed) there weren't any men running. The race had been capped at 100 runners, but there may have been 15. :(

    ReplyDelete