Monday, June 6, 2011

157/365 - Grandma

About one year ago, my grandma died. She lived in AZ most of my life, so we weren't particularly close. (Nothing against AZ other than it's super far away from MN). Still, it was fun to gather with family in her honor. There was lots of reminiscing from my dad and his siblings.

At the luncheon following the service, there were cacti on all the table. I brought this one home with me, and it's been on my desk at work ever since.

Time: 8:00am
Place: Desk

Apparently, my grandma loved cacti!
One of her sons called her the Cactus Lady.
Now, I can think of her from time to time whenever I look at this little cactus on my desk.

2 comments:

  1. That is very sweet. Although you weren't particularly close, it's nice that you have something to remember her by. I lost my last surviving grandmother more than a decade ago, and Jill lost hers a few years ago. Like you, we have mementos from our respective grandparents that we cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon re-reading this post, Jack says that this is when he realized that you guys sadly did not live five minutes away from us. AZ may be super far away from MN, but CA is even farther.

    -Jill

    ReplyDelete